Middle School Faith Formation (Gr 6-8)
Middle School youth ministry is for adolescents in grades six, seven and eight. It is designed to meet their educational, spiritual, emotional, and social needs. Classes meet on Sunday mornings from 9 to 10:10 AM at St. Mary's High School beginning in September and ending in April.
Goals of Middle School Youth Ministry
- Foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy, allowing young adolescents to have a profound experience with the Word of God and the Eucharist.
- Create a positive experience of the Catholic Church for young adolescents.
- Assist middle school youth in gaining an understanding and appreciation for what the Catholic Church teaches and believes.
- Incorporate the Catholic Church's vision of social justice and peace into their spiritual life.
- Develop an identity in middle school youth and in our ministry as being a vital and visual presence within the Parish.
In addition to our middle school faith formation, this year we have begun our monthly EDGE nights!
- Once a month our middle schoolers gather together on the first Friday night of the Month from 6-8. Since this is a supplement to their religious education, we've decided to focus EDGE on building and fostering relationships. First with Christ and second with all those around us. We have dinner and snacks, games, small groups, a time of teaching and prayer, music, and much more. These nights provide an opporunity for our middle schoolers to get to know and share their faith with each other, and put into practice with prayer all their learning in the classroom!
- If you or someone you know would like to know more about EDGE or your child would like to participate, please don't hesitate to contact Colleen or Mary!
- Register today for Edge